Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Trust is believing in someone. It's giving them the benefit of the doubt, and much, much more. It's having faith in them. When I don't trust the God of my life, the One that gives me every opportunity, the finest day and the gravest hour, the sunshine and the rain, the gifts.... everything around me falls apart. Am I ashamed of Him when things don't go the way I prayed they would? What about when I trusted Him to work everything out and what I expected ended up hitting me in the face?



Who says it's the end of the story? Did I not pray for His glory.... and my good? (I love God.)



When I trust Him to take my life and make something of it, and to make me someone worth while, after all the times I've turned my back on Him and put my trust in someone else, He has still kept me closely knit to Him, and stamped it on my forehead: "Don't mess with this girl. She's mine". You better watch out because my Father rules the universe. And if anything ever happens to me, it's good, because God will always be mine and everything happens for a reason. It's all for His glory, and my good. God has definitely pulled my feet out of the net and set me on a rock where I'm gonna stay for all the world to see. You can't touch this woman, 'cause Jesus is my shield. Every time I fall, He puts a song of deliverance in my heart, and reminds me when I forget that He's on my side. I have seen through the darkest times that He has a plan for me. I see all the times He put His arm in front of me and protected me from unseen danger and harm. He has always watched out for me. I am loved, and wanted. And I'm not afraid! I can wake up and face the dawn, because I know He'll be there. And you can too.

Don't think He doesn't hear your prayers. That just because you're not as spiritual as some, He favors others more. Do you think anybody has a better chance of God giving them what they want than you do? Let me tell ya, He is no respecter of persons, and He doesn't prefer one above the other. My Bible tells me in Romans 3:22 that "there is no difference".

I have learned this year better than any other year of my life that God loves me. I have never been more sure or assured. You may not have expected me to be so confident if you had seen all I have been through this year. God gave, and He took away. Blessed be the name of the Lord. I am not a spoiled little daughter of a king who gives me everything I ask for. I am a disciplined and discipled daughter of the King of kings, and He has said no to many of my prayers. But my heart has been His and no one else's, and I know it's been right and I've been willing to surrender to His will. So I am confident that in time, I will have the desires of my heart, for I have delighted myself so deeply in the Lord. I wish the whole world could feel what I feel and have what I have. If they would only receive it!!! But am I truly giving it? Are you, Christian? Or are you still searching for yourself behind the cross? Let me tell you, that's all you need and that's just where you need to be. You are searching, and if you wait patiently, God will answer your prayers and make your life wonderfully full. Trust Him and surrender. He will never let you down, and you will never be ashamed of Him.
Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.
Psalm 25:1,2
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
Psalm 27:14

No comments:

Post a Comment